The DC-based XR Association represents the headset and technology manufacturers across the broad virtual, augmented, and mixed reality technology industry (“XR”), including Google, HTC Vive, Microsoft, Oculus, Samsung, and Sony Interactive Entertainment. Promoting the dynamic global growth of the XR industry, the XRA supports responsible development and thoughtful advancement of XR with best practices, dialogue across stakeholders, and research. The XRA is a resource for researchers, policymakers, and partners throughout the XR industry.
Current open positions:
Senior Director, Public Policy
Location: Washington, D.C.
Position Listing Date: December 20, 2019
XR Association is seeking a Senior Director, Public Policy. The Senior Director will lobby and advocate before regulatory and policymaking bodies for an emerging technology poised to change the world.
- Lobby on behalf of the members of the XR Association, with the mission of educating and disseminating positive use cases of XR technologies. Among the anticipated areas of policymaker engagement are data security and privacy, consumer product safety, cybersecurity, and general issues around third-party platform responsibility.
- Work directly with XR Association membership to develop policy positions and corresponding advocacy materials (position papers, letters, testimony, talking points, etc.).
- Coordinate with Subject Matter Experts on the development of policy positions, as well as legislative, regulatory, and political programs.
- Testify before legislative committees and administrative agencies regarding XR Association policy positions and member perspectives.
- Communicate and update member company representatives on strategy, issues, and policy development.
- Manage contract lobbyists.
- Plan, organize, and execute industry events, such as dinners and lobby days with key officials.
- Participate in national policy groups (U.S. Chamber, NCSL, etc.), and engage in related activities to drive the XR policy agenda.
At least 10-12 years of experience in active government affairs roles. Experience with a member-driven trade association; a background in direct lobbying; and knowledge of issues of concern to the technology industry are a plus.
Bachelor’s degree required. MPP, MPA, or JD is preferred.
- Must possess excellent leadership, strategic planning, and analytical skills.
- Strong collaborative, team, and interpersonal skills are essential, as well as the ability to be a self-starter who can tackle a wide variety of tasks, from high-level meetings with government officials to executing administrative duties.
- Proven track record executing successful advocacy and outreach activities.
- Must possess a deep understanding of the political landscape and legislative processes and the ability to develop a network of relationships with key elected officials, staff, and other technology policy stakeholders.
- Capable of operating and excelling in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment while managing multiple issues.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Maintain highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality, and integrity, with strongest professional reputation in the industry.
The position requires some domestic travel. Occasionally travel may be required on very short notice.
Please provide a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.