On Thursday, March 25 at 11:00 am PT/2:00 pm ET, the XR Association held a webinar with the National Science Foundation (NSF). For more than 70 years, NSF has identified and funded work at the frontiers of science and engineering. Their success is based on deep, collaborative interactions with its broad community of stakeholders. The XR Association was proud to connect the NSF and the XR industry in its XR Community Webinar, during which speakers from NSF shared how they have supported and are continuing to target AR/VR projects that have an impact on our industry and society at large.
Speakers from across NSF highlighted a variety of AR/VR-related programs, projects, and partnerships, including funding opportunities:
- Lloyd Whitman, Office of the Director
- Marc Sebrechts, Directorate for Social, Behavioral, and Economic Sciences
- Chia Shen, Directorate for Education and Human Resources
- Balakrishnan Prabhakaran, Directorate for Computer and Information Science and Engineering
- Diane Hickey, Directorate for Engineering
- Michael Pozmantier, Office of Integrative Activities
The National Science Foundation (NSF) is an independent federal agency created by Congress in 1950 “to promote the progress of science; to advance the national health, prosperity, and welfare; to secure the national defense.”
Missed the NSF webinar and interested in watching?
Fill out this form to view the recording